10/29/13

It's Fall, Did You Hear?

(October 19, 2013)


A few weekends ago we took Charlie to our ward's annual hay ride and party. The weather is starting to cool off around here so we bundled up and it was really fun! Charlie had a very serious look on his face the whole time. He wasn't too sure about hay rides (or maybe it was his hat). Haha. It was a good time!




All the kids were loving playing on the hay bales. All the kids, and my husband of course. ;) 


Me and Olivia. And Charlie's head.





It's nights like these when I feel so grateful for our little family of three. I know Charleston is a little young to remember these kinds of things but I really like making traditions and doing little fun activities as a family. My most vivid memories from my childhood are the ones where we are doing things together-rounding up the cows in October, going skiing on Monday mornings, dressing up to act out the Nativity on Christmas eve, or piling in the boat on a hot summer day. Those are the things I remember most and it's so fun to create that for Charlie even if it is a little intimidating! 

We are also really glad to have such a tight knit ward out here. I say it all the time but being away from our families is so hard! But having a ward and good friends we can lean on makes it easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment